Could Matthijs de Ligt leave Juventus?
De Ligt joined Juve from Ajax in 2019 but his future has been a topic of discussion.
Barcelona were strongly linked with him before he left the Eredivisie and are reportedly still keen admirers.
TOP STORY – DE LIGT A BARCA TARGET
Barcelona are keen on signing Juventus defender Matthijs de Ligt, according to Le10 Sport.
LaLiga giants Barca have already brought in Manchester City duo Sergio Aguero and Eric Garcia, while they are also said to be interested in Memphis Depay of Lyon and Borussia Dortmund sensation Erling Haaland.
But it is claimed they are particularly eager to further bolster their defence in addition to Garcia's arrival, though they could face competition for De Ligt – Manchester United have long been linked with the Netherlands international.
- Mundo Deportivo reports Leicester City are considering a move for Barca outcast Philippe Coutinho. It would be a reunion for Brendan Rodgers and Coutinho after working together at Liverpool.
- Atletico Madrid are eyeing Hakan Calhanoglu as an alternative to Udinese star Rodrigo de Paul. LaLiga champions Atletico want De Paul, who has also been linked with Juve, Inter and Leeds United. Should they miss out on the Argentina international, Calhanoglu is an option – the Milan star's contract expires at the end of June.
Manchester United have been in contact with Jadon Sancho’s camp also during the weekend. #MUFC— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 13, 2021
Negotiations with Borussia Dortmund on €95m price, bonus details and payment structure will continue in the next hours/days. #Sancho
€70m won’t be enough to complete the deal.
- United have held further talks with Borussia Dortmund in their pursuit of Jadon Sancho, says Fabrizio Romano. Dortmund reportedly want £81million (€95m), though United are currently unwilling to pay more than £60m (€70m). Liverpool and Chelsea have also been linked previously.
- Romano also reports Gianluigi Donnarumma's contract with Paris Saint-Germain until 2026 has been agreed. The Italy international goalkeeper is set to join PSG on a free transfer following the end of his Milan deal.
- According to Corriere dello Sport, Milan are in talks to sign Real Madrid pair Brahim Diaz and Alvaro Odriozola on loan. The Rossoneri have also been linked with Luka Jovic and are seemingly poised to secure the permanent signing of Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea as well.