Manchester City have been linked with Erling Haaland.
As Sergio Aguero appears headed for an exit, Pep Guardiola wants to bolster his attack.
But Danny Ings has reportedly emerged as an alternative to the expensive and in-demand Haaland.
TOP STORY – CITY TARGET INGS
Manchester City are considering a move for Southampton star Danny Ings, according to Sky Sports.
City's all-time leading goalscorer Sergio Aguero is out of contract at the end of the season and no closer to extending his deal in Manchester.
Pep Guardiola's City are reportedly among the admirers of Borussia Dortmund sensation Erling Haaland, who has also been linked with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, Liverpool and Juventus.
With Haaland set to command a huge fee, City are eyeing former Liverpool forward Ings as a cheaper alternative.
#MCFC's search has included all of the world's top centre-forwards, including Erling Haaland of Borussia Dortmund.— Sky Sports (@SkySports) March 22, 2021
- Gazzetta dello Sport and Corriere dello Sport report Juventus head coach Andrea Pirlo is on the brink of being sacked. Juve are out of the Champions League and 10 points off the pace following their shock loss to Benevento. Former boss Massimiliano Allegri has been linked with a return, while La Repubblica claims Atalanta's Gian Piero Gasperini, Lazio coach Simone Inzaghi and Luciano Spalletti are on a three-man shortlist.
- Former Chelsea and Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri is Roma's number one option should they sack head coach Paulo Fonseca, says Gazzetta dello Sport. Fonseca – under pressure in the Italian capital – has also been linked with Napoli, alongside Hellas Verona's Ivan Juric. Napoli coach Gennaro Gattuso has been linked with Fiorentina, Torino and Bologna.
Xabi Alonso and Borussia Mönchengladbach situation update. The Spanish is the main option as new manager, there was a meeting with Borussia about ideas and projects. But Xabi has *not* signed any contract yet and he’s still waiting, as Real Sociedad have not been alerted.— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) March 22, 2021
- Neymar re-signing with Ligue 1 holders PSG is "just a matter of time", according to Fabrizio Romano.
- Aaron Ramsey is interested in a move to Premier League champions Liverpool, according to Calciomercato. The Juventus midfielder, who left Arsenal for Turin in 2019, is seen as a possible replacement for rumoured Barca target Georginio Wijnaldum at Anfield.
- The Daily Express reports Arsenal are eyeing Barcelona misfit Philippe Coutinho. However, a move will depend on whether Arsenal sign loanee Martin Odegaard permanently from Madrid.
- Xabi Alonso is set to become the new head coach of Borussia Monchengladbach next season, replacing Dortmund-bound Marco Rose. Romano, however, insists no contract has been signed as the former Bayern Munich star remains in charge of Real Sociedad's B team.