Simone Inzaghi feels Inter must "do more" after they fell to a 1-0 defeat away at Bologna on Sunday.
Riccardo Orsolini fired home a 76th-minute winner to give the hosts victory at Stadio Renato Dall'Ara and inflict another blow to Inter's already slim chances of catching runaway Serie A leaders Napoli.
Inter have now failed to score in two consecutive away games in Serie A for the first time since April 2018, and Inzaghi says the Nerazzurri must improve if they are to get back to winning ways.
"There will be a lot of talk about the defeat and there will be criticism, but I'm the coach and I'm primarily responsible," he said.
"We have to say that even if the result had been different, we couldn't have been happy with our first half.
"We have to analyse and understand why these drops happen to us after the European matches, we have to do more and better."
2 - Bologna have won two consecutive Serie A games against Inter at Dall’Ara for the first time since 1999. Repetition.#BolognaInter pic.twitter.com/VZ8lWH9gjW— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) February 26, 2023
Inter's lacklustre display, which saw them concede at least nine shots in a Serie A first half for only the second time this season, came after Wednesday's 1-0 win over Porto in the first leg of their Champions League round-of-16 tie.
Inzaghi is unsure why they failed to follow up that impressive performance with another strong showing, saying: "If you go to watch matches, after the Champions League we often have some problems.
"Then away from San Siro the problem becomes even more pronounced and we have to try to do better.
"Today's first half was insufficient, the second was better, but in the moment in which we had created the conditions to win the game, we conceded goals."
Asked whether he felt let down by his players, Inzaghi replied: "Betrayed no, they have always given me everything both in the match and in training.
"I'm sorry because we are Inter and we have to do more."