ONE Championship’s ONE: COLLISION COURSE featured explosive mixed martial arts action that saw the emergence of a new flyweight contender and the return of two dangerous Russians – but it was the show’s ONE Super Series headliners that left fans in awe on Friday night.
In the main event, Roman Kryklia put on a striking masterclass to defend his ONE Light Heavyweight Kickboxing World Title against Andrei “Mister KO” Stoica at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Across five rounds, Kryklia used his long reach to pelt Stoica with jabs and rights from the outside, before lunging in with stinging body hooks and chin-touching knees.
From the outside, he sent high kicks at Stoica’s head, wobbling the Romanian on two occasions.
To the challenger’s credit, he refused to go down despite absorbing a tremendous amount of punishment. Still, Kryklia’s output and accuracy decisively earned him the unanimous decision victory and his first World Title defense.
In the co-main event, ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai World Champion Nong-O Gaiyanghadao threw fire at ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai Tournament winner Rodlek PK.Saenchai Muaythaigym, knocking his compatriot out in the third round.
The bout started off as most Muay Thai matches do, with both men adjusting to the reactions of one another.
Although Rodlek was able to land clean, hard shots, Nong-O took control in the third round, where he found a way to derail “The Steel Locomotive.”
After a brief exchange by the pair of Thais, the defending World Champion sent a jab-cross combo that split Rodlek’s guard, touched his chin, and dropped the challenger for good.
Nong-O, who lives and trains in Singapore at Evolve MMA, has now produced four successful World Title defenses since winning the belt.
Full Results For ONE: COLLISION COURSE
- Roman Kryklia defeats Andrei Stocia via unanimous decision (ONE Light Heavyweight Kickboxing World Title)
- Nong-O Gaiyanghadao defeats Rodlek PK.Saenchai Muaythaigym via knockout at 1:13 of round three (ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai World Title)
- Marat Gafurov defeats Lowen Tynanes via split decision (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
- Yusup Saadulaev defeats Troy Worthen via unanimous decision (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
- Yodkaikaew Fairtex defeats Tatsumitsu Wada via split decision (mixed martial arts – flyweight)
- Xie Wei defeats Chan Rothana via TKO at 1:39 of round three (mixed martial arts – flyweight)
Read More From ONE Championship: