NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley will not be signing a contract with LIV Golf.

The legendary 59-year-old met LIV Golf CEO Greg Norman last week to discuss the prospect of becoming an announcer at events on the controversial breakaway tour.

Barkley on Thursday played in the pro-am at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster in New Jersey, where the third LIV competition started on Friday.

The 11-time NBA All-Star said he had not been made an offer to work on the Saudi-backed LIV Golf series, but stated: "I'm in a win-win situation. If they offer me something good, that's great. If they don't, I've got a great job at TNT."

Barkley on Friday revealed that he will be remaining loyal to TNT.

He told the New York Post: "I want to thank Greg Norman and LIV for their interest in me. I wish those guys great success and nothing but the best.

"But, in my best interest, and being fair to Turner - because Turner and basketball have given me every single thing in my life - it is best for me to move on and I'm staying with Turner for the rest of my TV career."