Real Madrid are long-term admirers of Bruno Fernandes, dating back to his time with Sporting CP.
The 28-year-old midfielder impressed with both goals in Portugal's 2-0 win over Uruguay at the World Cup on Monday.
Fernandes signed a new contract with Manchester United in April, keeping him at Old Trafford until 2026 with the option of a further year.
TOP STORY – REAL MADRID CONSIDER JANUARY MOVE FOR FERNANDES
Spanish giants Real Madrid could try to tempt Manchester United's Bruno Fernandes to the club in January or at the end of the season, reports The Express.
Los Blancos' long-held interest in Fernandes has intensified amid his impressive displays at the World Cup.
Portuguese outlet Record claims that Madrid are scouting Fernandes while he plays for the national team.
The Express report says that the lure of Champions League football may tempt Fernandes should United miss the top four this season.
– Cristiano Ronaldo is close to agreeing to a deal with Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr, according to Marca. The Telegraph had reported that the deal was worth £150million per season, although The Sun has claimed that the ex-Manchester United star still wants to play Champions League football and has not accepted the offer.
– Gareth Bale's LAFC contract has a break clause that could see him leave the club prior to the new MLS season in February 2023, according to The Sun. The Mirror claims the Welshman will make a decision on his future by February.
– The Mirror claims that Manchester United are bullish about retaining Marcus Rashford's services, with the striker out of contract at the end of this season. United will exercise an option to extend his deal by another 12 months in January.
– Manchester United have made Bayer Leverkusen defender Jeremie Frimpong their top transfer target in January, reports the Daily Mail. United have sent scouts to watch the Dutch defender, with a view to ramping up talks after the World Cup.
– Inter expect €30m for Tottenham-target Denzel Dumfries, according to Tuttosport. The Nerazzurri are willing to sell the Dutch right-back in January.
– The Times reports Brighton and Hove Albion's Scottish midfielder Billy Gilmour could join Spanish club Villarreal in January.