Speculation has swirled for months about the future of Lionel Messi following a season of change at Barcelona.
Barca have been busy already this off-season, signing Sergio Aguero and Eric Garcia.
Compatriot Aguero had implored Messi to extend his Barcelona stay, which dates back to 2000, and it seems the striker may get his wish.
TOP STORY - MESSI RE-COMMITS TO CATALANS
Six-time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi is set to pen a new two-year contract with Barcelona, according to AS.
The Argentina forward has practically agreed to the deal, with only "structural details" to complete.
Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain have both shown interest in Messi but he looks set to commit until 2023.
- Everton are in the market for a new manager after Carlo Ancelotti's sudden departure and The Athletic reports they will consider Rangers boss and Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard. TalkSPORT claims ex-Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo is also on their radar.
- COPE claims that new Real Madrid boss Ancelotti will not push to recruit James Rodriguez from the Italian's former club Everton.
- The Sun reports that Arsenal are in pole position in the race to sign Raheem Sterling from Manchester City.
- The Sun also claims any potential Sterling move to Arsenal may scupper Manchester City's plans to sign Tottenham's Harry Kane , as they want to use the winger in a swap deal given Spurs hefty asking price.
- Manchester United are keen on Sevilla defender Jules Kounde but Barcelona have joined the pursuit for his signature, claims Mundo Deportivo.
Arsenal lead Sterling chase and could put Kane's Man City move in jeopardy https://t.co/wjL2fuv3cK— Sun Sport (@SunSport) June 1, 2021