Will Manchester United sign Jadon Sancho or not?
That is the question dominating headlines as United reportedly negotiate with Borussia Dortmund.
This transfer saga is one to watch.
TOP STORY – UNITED READY TO END SANCHO PURSUIT
Manchester United are threatening to walk away from a deal to sign Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho, according to reports in England.
Sancho has been tipped to swap Dortmund for United, with Bild claiming a lucrative five-year contract has been agreed as the Bundesliga outfit insist on a €120million (£108m) fee.
But Goal, Sky Sports and The Mirror say United are ready to pursue alternatives of Dortmund do not lower their demands.
Story on the latest on Sancho here. Belief that €120million valuation is unrealistic and United prepared to pursue alternatives if an agreement can't be reached. https://t.co/KKpCpfGSv1— Charlotte Duncker (@CharDuncker) August 4, 2020
- The Guardian reports Leicester City are trying to sign Francisco Trincao from Barcelona. Leicester have proposed a two-season loan deal with an obligation to buy for £45m (€50m). Trincao is preparing to link up with Barca after the LaLiga giants signed the 20-year-old from Braga in January.
- Premier League champions Liverpool are eyeing a move for Norwich City left-back Jamal Lewis, says The Mirror. Lewis impressed in 2019-20 as Norwich were relegated and Liverpool are looking to wrap up a £10m deal.
- Gianluca Di Marzio claims Tottenham right-back Serge Aurier is open to joining Serie A side Milan.
Nathan Aké to Manchester City is a done deal, confirmed.— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 5, 2020
Total agreement between Man City and Bournemouth, personal terms ok and medicals on next days.
Here we go! #MCFC #ManCity #transfers https://t.co/6yVEsxuyV2
- According to Tuttomercatoweb, Juventus are lining up possible replacements for under-fire head coach Maurizio Sarri. Former Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino, Lazio boss Simone Inzaghi, Atalanta coach Gian Piero Gasperini and Luciano Spalletti have all been linked.
- Aston Villa are aiming to keep star captain and rumoured United target Jack Grealish by offering a new contract, reports The Sun.
- Linked with United , Everton and Napoli, France Bleu Nord claims Arsenal are leading the race for Lille centre-back Gabriel Magalhaes.
- Is Federico Chiesa set for Old Trafford? La Nazione reports United have made a €55m (£49m) offer for the Fiorentina forward, who has also been linked to Inter, Juve and Chelsea .
- Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake is poised to complete his move to Manchester City. Fabrizio Romano reports there is a total agreement and a medical will take place in the next couple of days.