Paul Pogba may be about to experience a case of deja vu as he drifts towards the Manchester United exit door.
When the mercurial midfielder waved goodbye to Old Trafford in 2012, the Frenchman headed to the bright lights of Turin to make his name at Juventus.
Fast forward eight years and it seems the 27-year-old Pogba is edging closer towards retracing his own footsteps in an attempt to relaunch his career.
TOP STORY – JUVENTUS 'OPEN TALKS' WITH POGBA'S AGENT
Manchester United star Paul Pogba is a "top target" for Juventus in 2021, according to journalist Carlo Garganese.
Serie A champions Juve have already began talks with Pogba's agent Mino Raiola, and a deal could be done as soon as January.
Raiola claimed Pogba's United career was over in an interview with Italian outlet Tuttosport last week, prompting links to Juve, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.
If an agreement cannot be reached in January, the player United paid £89million for four years ago could be set for a Serie A return in the off-season.
TRANSFER EXCLUSIVE— Carlo Garganese (@carlogarganese) December 16, 2020
Juventus open talks with Mino Raiola to re-sign Pogba in 2021
-Juve & Raiola have begun talks
-Pogba Juve's top 2021 target
-Summer transfer more likely but January possible
-What about Dybala?
Read story here on @ItaFootPodhttps://t.co/k9PMKjsvNB pic.twitter.com/qxtUTyz7dc
- United will have to wait until the end of the season to bring in any new recruits, according to the Manchester Evening News. But reports from Todo Fichajes in Spain suggest the Red Devils are set to reignite their interest in Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez as a potential Pogba replacement. United are said to be preparing a £63m (€70m) offer for the Spaniard.
- With Liverpool and midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum still yet to come to agreement on the terms of a new contract, Le10Sport reports that the Reds are lining up Lille's former Bayern Munich and Swansea man Renato Sanches to come in and fill the Dutchman's shoes.
- Liverpool are shopping for centre-back reinforcements after losing Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez to long-term injuries. Barcelona seemed primed to sign Manchester City fringe player Eric Garcia but Spanish outlet Diario AS says Liverpool are ready to swoop for the summer free agent.
- Arsenal are eying a move for Porto midfielder Fabio Viera, who has a £27m (€29.9m) release fee in his contract, according to Record. Meanwhile, Defensa Central are reporting that Gunners manager Mikel Arteta has put Lyon's Houssem Aouar and Madrid's Isco on his January wish list.
- One of Europe's brightest young prospects, Hungarian attacker Dominik Szoboszlai, will complete his move from Salzburg to RB Leipzig after a medical on Thursday, Fabrizio Romano reports. Arsenal, Madrid and Bayern Munich had shown interest in the 20-year-old.