Christian Atsu has been found dead after the earthquakes that hit Turkey, his Super Lig club announced on Saturday.
The former Premier League player had not been seen since southern Turkey and northern Syria were hit by powerful tremors on February 6.
Previously with Newcastle United, Chelsea and Everton, Atsu scored for Hatayspor the day before the earthquakes, which resulted in the collapse of the apartment block in which the 31-year-old was living.
Atsu's club initially reported he had been recovered from the rubble, but it was subsequently confirmed that was not the case.
Hatayspor's update said Atsu's body had now been recovered and was being returned to his homeland of Ghana.
The club said in a statement posted on social media: "The funeral of our football player Christian Atsu, who lost his life under the rubble, is on his way to be sent to his hometown [in] Ghana.
"We will not forget you, Atsu. Peace be upon you, beautiful person.
"There are no words to describe our sadness. REST in PEACE ATSU."
Over 40,000 people have been reported by local authorities to have died due to the earthquakes.